Emerald Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Emerald Nights

A Seattle Based Vampire: the Masquerade Roleplaying Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Curieux. (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 pm

The door the the shop, softly opened, and in with a cool wind of the night air, stepped the lovely inked up dark haired creature. She moved smoothly inside, hips carried a slight sway, in the way she moved. The straw fedora looking hat, pulled slightly down, the perpetual upturn upon the corner of her lips. She allowed the door to shut gently behind her, eyes shifting left.. then gazing right.. taking in the sights of the shop. She carried a book, within her hand... rather old looking, and unlabled.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 pm

The tall, gaunt proprietor is adjusting something on a shelf as the girl steps in. First his head snaps to the back of the store as a candle sputters out before looking to the entrance. He smiles slowly.

"Wonderin' when you would be droppin' by. Good evening, mon cher."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Her smirk spread into a slow, wide grin. Her language was not English, at the moment. It was instantly into French. "Interesting, I was wondering when you would be ready for me to come by." Her steps slowly sauntered her on over towards his counter, her eyes never leaving his face, as she approached. "How is business, thus far?"yeah, because small talk was what she was here for, right?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm

He responds smoothly with a slight Haitian accent to his french.

"Business is good, I suppose. The shop has been running for years, of course. I just haven't always been around to tend it."

He smiles and gestures to a stool be the counter.

"Don't linger in the doorway, love; you'll frighten out all the good juju. Sit with me and be welcomed."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 pm

She nodded, swaying those hips of her all the way over, towards the indicated seat. She inspected it for a moment, half expecting to find some sort of needle or tack upon the cushion, then slowly sat. Her hat was discarded onto the countertop, a tattood hand coming up to run through her hair a bit. "I come bearing gifts, my friend." the word was used extremely loosely. They were not friends at all, were they?

She pulled the book in her hand up onto the counter, sliding it over towards him. "I have a vague understanding, of the things you do... and thought that this might be of interest, to you." The old cracked and faded looking book still carried a bit of dust on it. Once opening, he would recognize the writings within it, immediately. She just watched him, with that wide grin on her face.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm

"Rare tome, this. Where did you come across such a thing?"

He flips through the pages carefully.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 pm

"I come across many rare books, my friend." there she goes, using that word again. "It is part of who I am, and what I do...do you understand who I am, and what I do?" her head tilted quizzically, at an odd angle. She looked curious, a black painted nail tapped a few times on the countertop, absently.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:35 pm

"Voices on both sides don't care too much for you," he says without looking up. "But what is it you do?"
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 pm

"To keep it simple, I deal with the source of all things. It was here before the light, it will be here, when the light is gone." she shrugs, lightly. "But that is the point of my visit." she reached over, tapping the book slightly. "While others may have an opinion upon what you may do.. who you may be, they ultimately know nothing. This... this is part of the truth of it, isnt it?" She tilted her head to him, withdrawning her hand. "And I think you and you alone should have it."

She waved a hand dismissively. "I have not read much of it, truth be told. Such things do not particularly interest me. I obtained it, as potential reference information for the future. But I think.. You deserve to keep this, to yourself, should you wish. No cost... no deals... just... an understanding."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:53 am

Saturday nods slowly, pondering the book and the girl.

"I see... why?"
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:05 am

"Come now.. do you really expect me to believe, you dont know why?" she smirked, her tone purry and dark. "I know you saw..."

Her tongue slipped out, to moisten her lips, lightly. "Much like yourself, noone will ever truly understand me. Spirits may have a clue, but even then... it is only a clue. Fear of the unknown, consumes most... I do not wish that, between us. Just an understanding that you have your ways... and I have mine. Keep what you know of me, to yourself.. and I wll do the same."

She grinned a dangrous grin. "Maybe... we may be able to find use for each other, at some point." she leaned away a bit, and shrugged. "Maybe not."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 am

Hard living taught Saturday not to look a gift horse in the mouth over much. The book is closed carefully and slide behind the counter.

"Fair enough, I think." Hints of the Haitian dialect in his french. "To secrets best kept."

He offers a long fingered hand to shake.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 am

She gazed at his hand, then softly placed her own within it, trustingly. Her shake was delicate, almost ladylike. "Good." she spoke, in plain English, now. One shake, then hand released, and moved to her hat. WIth a smooth motion, she picked it up off the counter, and placed it back onto her head. "Now... tell me. You wouldnt happen to carry any brimstone, would you?" A sly grin slipped across her face. Almost always grinning about something. "Perhaps... wolfsbane?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 am

"Wolfbanes, certainly. Sulfur, sure."

He releases her hand after a moment and folds his hands on the table.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 am

"Excellent." she spoke, in a rather pleased sound. "I would like to purchase a fist full of each." A hand sliding into her cleavage, removing a simple debit card. Dont leave home, without it.

"I dont suppose you carry tears of a wolf mother, do you? I will likely have to go collect that, on my own.." she kinda said that last part in a manner that was more speaking aloud to herself. Dark eyes shifted around the shop, amused by the curious collection of things. Card absently placed upon the countertop. "I have a bookstore... located within the university district. Grounds for Thought. You are welcome to stop by, should you find yourself needing a good read, or any information upon various occult related things. My doors are always open. Just call ahead, if you wish to see the private stock." she shifted those dark orbs back to him. "Oh... and I do not think my private section is... spirit friendly."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:35 am

Saturday nods, rummaging under the counter before coming up with two small paper bags. They're exchanged fir the card and he does some modern voddo to make plastic money.

"I do like de books. Last library I had got a bit water logged."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 am

She peaked inside of the bags, curiously. She knew what was supposed to be there, but you have to at least take a glance at the product. With a small and satisfied nod, she took both bags in a hand, leaning casually against the countertop. "Good. We have something in common, then." she smiled coyly to him. "I dont have a business card on me, but the place is easy enough to find. Until then..." her hand held out, palm up, for the card, of course.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Saturday slips the card and receipt into her hand

"Always a pleasure."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Neonate
M. Angelica

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:04 pm

She just stared at him, mouth slighly opened, licking a fang absently. Lips turned upwards into a grin, again, a small giggle escaped her lips. Hand closed around the paper and card, tucking them both away into her top. With bags clutched in hand, she turned, the giggle trailing behind her as she moved along towards the doors. As the door opened, she offered him one last glance, a wink thrown his way, then out she went, shutting the door silently behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curieux. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curieux. (open)   Curieux. (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Curieux. (open)
Page 1 of 1