Emerald Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Emerald Nights

A Seattle Based Vampire: the Masquerade Roleplaying Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) Empty
PostSubject: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Chunhua had walked past this place once or twice. But this evening, she found herself opening the door and stepping in. As the door closed behind her, her small hands straightened the skirt of her dress and then crept their way up to play with one of the many braids and ribbons that adorned her messy head of hair.

She began her journey on one side of the store, dark eyes scanning everything in sight.

Last edited by Chunhua on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (fixed thread title))
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:17 pm

The store truly seems to be a strange marriage of strange opposites. On the one hand it sold a variety of items geared for a smattering of rare religions. Live chickens in the back, a sign even said. Candles, incense, mummified... things. Bizarre stuff to find outside of the caribbean or african coast.
The other side of the shop sold Seattle tourist items. Shirts, dolls, toys, trinkets, snowglobes. Equally bizzare stuff. Glass cases held african masks or Polynesian spears. That one had an actual mummy.

But perhaps the strangest thing of all was the clerk. The gaunt fellow of mixed african descent. Purple suit, purple top hat. Big grin and long fingered hand. Too charming by half and no mistake.

Leaning against the front door is a fairly thug individual with questionable bulges under his jacket, and a huge patch in back displaying some dancing skeleton.
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 pm

The thug was amusing to the girl, to say the least. Her eyes scanned him, head tilted to the side for a moment before she pursed her lips and continued on.

Hands clasped in front of her, Chunhua sniffed the air around the cases that contained the mummy and other mummified... things. The mundane seemed not to interest her. It was the odd and unusual the kept her attention.

Perhaps that was why once she reached the counter and the purple-y dressed man that stood behind it, she stopped and stared with an odd little look of curiosity. Her eyes lingered much longer than perhaps they should have before she spoke in fluent French, unblinking and hands unmoving.

"Surprise me."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 pm

"You aren't easily surprised."

The tall fellow said with a ready smile. His french is better then his english, but still kissed with the rolling accent of Haiti. He taps his lips for a moment before snapping his fingers in a eureka sort of way.

"The blood has cleaned from your hands, the spirits say."
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 pm

"Then perhaps the spirits should look closer," she said softly to him, her hands coming to rest on the counter. "The stains remain."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 pm

"As you say, Lady Macbeth," he sweeps his hat of and bows as far as the counter will allow him.

"What can I do for you this fine, fine, evening?"
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:57 pm

"It is the feast day of St. Dommina. And... I require a love potion," Chunhua replied with a hiss to her words.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:02 pm

The gaunt gentleman chuckles.

"Oh really? Curious. Who do you wish to woo?"

He pulls a book from under the counter and starts flipping through it.
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 pm

"Woo?"

She blinked, her head tilted to the other side as she seemed to study the Haitian.

"No... I was unclear, my mistake. I need a potion that will... force someone out of love. Sabotage..."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

"Ah... I see. Different spell. Tell me more. "
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Chunhua raised her brow.

"What information do you require?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

"Is this concoction fighting a bond reenforced with the blood? That's harder."
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:26 pm

To that, Chunhua smiled, tapping her fingers across the counter.

"No. There has been no exchange of blood. Think of it as lingering puppy love."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Saturday nods.

"Do you have anything of the victims? Are you the paramour?"
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 pm

"I hold nothing of his any longer. Is that something you require? I'm sure I can get my hands on something."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Saturday nods.

"Eyelashes, bits of clothing, fluids, items they love. Something to form a sympathetic connection."

He smiles in a somewhat disarming way. Well... disarming if you didn't know what he actually was.

"Was there never a blossom of love, or did it just go sour?"
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:45 pm

"It was just never meant to be," she said softly but coldly. "I will get the necessary item and return. Perhaps now we should talk cost."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:47 pm

"Costs depend on what you bring. The easier it is to form a sympathetic connection, the easier it is for the spell to work. I generally work in trade, however. What do you generally offer people when you are in need of their services?"
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:53 pm

"Exchange of disciplines... Or my Sight. Languages, too." She paused for a moment, looking at the gaunt man with pursed lips. "What did you charge the Colonel?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:57 pm

The gentleman smiles with a hollow sounding chuckle.

"He taught me some of what he knows in exchange for information no one else could supply."
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:05 pm

She nodded, folding her hands in front of her. "Then let me know what you decide..." She pulled a card with her number and name out from the inside of her dress and slid it across the counter before folding her hands again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:06 pm

"What disciplines would you be willing to teach, lovely?"
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm

"Auspex, Obfuscate, Dementation, Dominate..."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Saturday
Neonate
Mr. Saturday

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Saturday nods.

"One or two of those could be useful. Let me know what you find of this poor fellow."
Back to top Go down
Chunhua
Ancilla
Chunhua

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm

"He is not so poor. He has another love and will survive without issue," she commented sadly. Chunhua gave Mr. Saturday a polite bow of her head as she stepped back from the counter.
"A good evening to you, then."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)   On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Feast Day of St. Dommina of Terni (Open)
Page 1 of 1